Who we are
EFS Global – We gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
This Policy explains how we use any personal information we may receive about you when you use our websites or when you use or are a recipient of our services. Our services maybe provided to you in conjunction with our network of partners.
EFS Global registered office is at EFS Group Phoenix Way Burnley BB11 5SX and we are a group of companies:
- EFS Boss Ltd (06169049)
- Jones Metcalf Ltd (03926657)
- EFS Logistics Ltd (02767517)
- Express Freight Solutions Ltd (07948612)
- CS Brunt (Freight Services) Ltd (01974185)
- Bradtrans International Ltd (02992412)
- Red Scar Tyres Ltd (04208164)
- Evidale Consulting Ltd (T/a Horizon Distribution) (03571400)
- Euro-Tran Despatch Ltd (06615555)
- Euro.SDB Ltd (06399624)
- EFS Global Limited (10806229)
- JRS Traction Limited (06428531)
We act as a data controller and processor in relation to data supplied to us to effect our trading. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at ‘email@example.com’
Information that we collect
EFS Global may collect personal information about you when:
- you use our services through the network of collection and delivery partners
- you use our websites
- you contact us
- you are a recipient of our services
- you book our service
- you request a quotation
We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
We may collect the following types of information:
- Your name
- Company Name
- Invoice Address
- Registered Address
- Email address
- Landline Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Proof of delivery signature
- IP Address
- Vehicle Registration and Data (Garage and Red Scar Tyres)
- Accounts Data
- Goods in Storage Data
- Customer Data for Fulfilment Services
- Customs Data
- EORI/VAT details for import and exports
Why we collect this information
EFS Global takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal information are detailed below:
- To supply our services/goods
- To enhance and improve your experience of our services
- To send you service related emails and text messages relating to your booked services/goods
- If you call our customer service centre, we may record your call if you give us consent to do so. These recordings are used for training and quality control purposes.
How do we collect this information?
EFS Global collects personal information:
- From our clients on collection of goods for shipment or collection.
- Directly from recipients. e.g. If you submit a customer service enquiry through our website or contact our customer service centre via. email or telephone.
- When our services are provided together with a business partner – the information is collected by the business partner in order for us to provide you with the product or service.
- Directly from job applicants e.g. if you submit a job application to us directly via. email or through our recruitment partners.
- From our networks (APC, Pallet-Track, UPN, Tyrenet, Bridgestone Partner, Continental, GITI, ITDN)
- From import customs procedures
Sharing and disclosing your personal information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
EFS Global uses selected third parties to provide our services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Your personal information may be provided to:
Our network of delivery partners – a full listing of our delivery partners can be supplied on request.
Selected third parties – a full listing of our business partners can be supplied on request.
Other third parties – this includes the police, law enforcement agencies, customs, fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of crime detection, prevention and/or legal proceedings.
EFS Global takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have multiple layers of security in place.
How long do we keep your data
EFS Global retains personal information for only as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep details of your delivery for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. We destroy the personal information element of your delivery after two years, this personal information includes, but is not limited to: see below
- Your name
- Your email address
- Telephone numbers
EFS Global and our network partners may occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (LIA) where necessary to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests, ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
We use the legitimate interests’ legal basis for the following:
- Sending marketing post and/or emails to business contacts where we have identified our services of being a benefit to a potential business customer. Our communications comply fully with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. Such communications will be relevant, non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
- Network and information security – we may process your data for the purposes of detecting and preventing unauthorised access to our systems and IT Infrastructure for identifying acts of criminal activity.
You have the right to access any personal information that EFS Global processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws, to exercise your data portability rights, and to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
If your information is not passed on to us then we will not be able to affect delivery of your goods/services.
Our Websites and Cookies
What are cookies?
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
This website has some hyperlinks to external websites. EFS Global is not responsible for the content of any of these sites, and the content of these sites does not represent the views of EFS GLobal nor does this imply our endorsement of the linked websites or any association with their operators.
EFS Global only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, you wish to exercise your rights as specified in this notice, raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
Information Commissioner’s Office